The Pre-School in the Indian market is considered as a vital part of the education system who provides education to children between 2 to 4 years of age. These schools help children to build basic cognitive, physical, social and emotional skills that lay the foundation for them so that they can succeed later in school, college and life.
The sector has considerably seen healthy growth in recent years which has been primarily due to the contributing factors such as
- Rising awareness among parents for early education and care
- Increase in the number of nuclear families
- Increase in women working in the country
- Increase in the disposable income of parents and
- Increase in urbanization
These factors have led to a drastic increase in the brand consciousness of pre-schools in India. The Indian pre-school and daycare market is estimated to grow around 9% during 2019-2024 period.
Welcome to Hello Kids Education Group
It was Mr Pritam Kumar Agarwal, Founder of Hello Kids Education Group who established a chain of schools with a vision of providing India’s first “No Royalty” based pre-schools for children.
Hello Kids Pre-School is the 21st-century school for kids with a unique learning concept where every child can grow and develop. They are a chain of pre-schools who believe in enlightening children by using entertainment as a form of teaching.
The school follows one-of-a-kind propaganda wherein the kids are involved in 100 hours of personal communication over the academic year along with 10 minutes of daily reading with children that would help them become a better listener, better speaker and increase their knowledge as well.
How Hello Kids Education Group came into existence
The Bangalore based Hello Kids pre-school was established in 2005 by Pritam Kumar Agarwal, Founder and Director and Sunita Jain, Director. In 2010, Mr Pritam Agarwal turned his vision into a reality by establishing Hello Kids as the first chain of pre-schools to operate on a no-royalty model in India. They are also India’s first chain of pre-schools who have targeted the middle-income group by offering world-class quality, international standards of education and well-researched curriculum and study material at an affordable fee to every possible child.
Currently, the chain of pre-schools is present in over 120 centres across Karnataka and also has over 580 pre-schools and K-12 schools spread across the country. Hello Kids Education Group has also created an international brand presence by establishing a centre in Bangladesh and are also affiliated with Educational bodies such as Early Education, UK, NAEYC, USA, Riverstone school, American Montessori Society, AECED, etc. The brand has also been recognised and felicitated with awards such as “Best pre-school curriculum,” “Fastest growing pre-school chain” and “Innovative teaching practices.”
Hello Kids Education Group offers every parent to be a part of a unique transformation of kids who are restless and shy into young and confident children who are ready to create a name and a place from them in the world.
What is the unique selling point of Hello Kids Education Group
Hello Kids pre-school provides high-quality international education to children at an affordable fee. In order to achieve this, the pre-school has maintained a balance between the Eastern culture and Western competitive standards which prepares every child to become independent, accommodating who has a bright place in the foreseeable future.
This particular pre-school is the first in Indian history to work on a no-royalty model for its franchisees. This basically means that the Hello Kids Education Group will not take any royalty fee for its brand name from its franchisers thereby turning this school into a low investment and high revenue type of pre-school along with well-researched curriculum and excellent study material (Combination of nursery and Montessori methods). This gives both the parties their share of the benefit.
Hello Kids pre-school is also India’s first pre-school who have focused their target towards the middle-income group of the society. By targeting this particular sector in the society, the pre-school currently operates in over 25 states with over 578 operational branches and more than 100,000 alumni members associated with the school.
Hello Kids is an ISO 9001-2008 certified pre-school which educates children by turning them from being dependent to independent, from being a shy and restless child into a confident child with refined skills. Be it the child’s body language or their spoken communication or helping them to increase their awareness towards their surroundings, Hello Kids pre-school has always given one-on-one attention to every child by offering them with the best education in India.
What are the benefits of owning a Hello Kids pre-school franchise in India
- Hello kids is a nationally recognised brand name in the pre-school market. This can help the franchises to establish the school in an easier way.
- The pre-school provides its franchisors with a centralised system for designing their school’s curriculum and procuring the books, study materials, prospectuses, etc. this helps Hello Kids all over the country to save money.
- The main head office also provides its franchisees with technical assistance while establishing pre-school’s infrastructures.
- The education group also provides its franchisees with a group of designers, suppliers and workers to get the school up and running in a shorter span of time.
- All the franchises are provided with expert guidance and complete support from the pre-schools corporate headquarters. This specific team consists of PhDs and MBA holders along with members from other franchises across the country.
- Continuous guidance is also provided to its franchisees on a daily basis to solve issues and queries along with ideas on how the infrastructure can be upgraded.
- The company head office also provides assistance on planning, designing and also supervising the interiors of the franchise school.
- Hello Kids Education Group also provides local marketing support to ensure that brand awareness is created in the city.
- A training program is also provided to every franchise personnel through an orientation program so that each one of them can adapt to the school guidelines.
What are the requirements needed to become eligible for owning a Hello Kids franchise school
What is the total area requirement for opening a Hello Kids franchise
The total area required to run a Hello Kids franchise school is 1200 Sq.ft or more. An additional 500 Sq.ft of the built-up area will be required if the franchise is taken up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Along with the built-up area mentioned, the area also needs to be preferably on the ground floor with a good ventilation system along with CCTV’s installed for children’s safety.
What are the skills or experience required to run a Hello Kids franchise school
The staff members on the team should be good with handling kids. The teachers should have patience while dealing with children, should be a good listener and should also be able to build a strong and honest relationship with the children in order to create a safe and secure environment for them. The staff members present at the pre-school should be well-versed with first aid skills in case of any emergencies.
Where are the Hello Kids regions of operations
The school currently is operational in over 25 states with more than 285 branches in India.
What is the training required to run a Hello Kids pre-school franchise
The head office provides detailed operating manuals to each of its franchisees so that the management understands the guidelines of how the pre-school works. A training curriculum is provided at the franchise location through an orientation programme to each of its members so that they understand how the school operates. Infield assistance and expert guidance are also provided to the franchise school so that the pre-school run without any glitch.
What is the minimum staff requirement at Hello Kids franchise pre-school
The minimum number of staff required at a Hello Kids pre-school is about 10 to 15 employees.
What are the financial requirements to become eligible for a Hello Kids franchise pre-school
The total investment required for opening a Hello Kids franchise entirely depends upon the location where you are located at. Below mentioned are the different investment amount required based on which tier the city falls in.
- In rural cities, the total investment amount required is Rs.2.5 lakhs to Rs.3.99 lakhs.
- In semi-rural cities, the total investment amount required is Rs.2.99 lakhs to Rs.3.99 lakhs.
- In urban cities, the total investment amount required is Rs.2.99 lakhs to Rs.3.99 lakhs.
- In metro or tier 1 cities, the total investment amount required is Rs.3.99 lakhs to Rs.6.99 lakhs.
- In existing pre-schools, the total investment amount required for Hello Kids junior is Rs.70,000 to Rs.200,000.
There are a 2 years standard franchise agreement that needs to be signed by both the parties. The agreement is renewable once the term is completed.
The profitability of a Hello Kids pre-school franchise can be explained through a hypothetical example given below.
Total investment made in a pre-school franchise = Rs.6,00,000
Expenses incurred in a month
- Rent paid for a 1200 Sq.ft area = Rs.12,00,000
- Salaries paid to 11 employees (Rs.10,000*11) = Rs.13,20,000 (Rs.110,000*12)
- Miscellaneous expenses incurred annually = Rs.80,000
Total expenses incurred annually = Rs.26,00,000
Total expenses incurred in a month (Rs.26,00,000/12) = Rs.217,000
Income earned in a month
- Total number of admissions in Play-School/Nursery/LKG/UKG= 60 students
- Average fees earned through a single student = Rs.150,000
Total income earned annually (Rs.150,000*60) = Rs.90,00,000
Total income earned in a month (Rs.90,00,000/12) = Rs.7,50,000
Gross profit for the month
Gross profit for the month (30% of Rs.7,50,000) = Rs.2,25,000
Total profit for the month
Total profit earned in a month (Rs.2,25,000 – Rs.2,17,000) = Rs.8,000
Total profit earned in a year (Rs.8,000*12) = Rs.96,000
You can get back your entire investment based on the profitability example within 6 to 7 years.
This article gives you a detailed insight into how a person can become eligible to own a Hello Kids pre-school franchise. The school’s curriculum and teaching aides turn education into a fun-based learning experience for children. The school focuses on giving children high quality and researched study material to ensure a bright future. Thus Hello Kids is by far the best franchise opportunity an individual can invest in if he/she wants to create a name for themselves in the Indian pre-school market.