The first five developmental years in a Child’s life are critical for their holistic improvement. These 5 years shapes and builds a groundwork or foundation that goes a long way in shaping the child’s future. This market is growing at a surprising rate of 8% which is driven mainly by the increasing demand for preschool by parents. Currently, the preschool market size is estimated to be INR 12,000 crore and is expected to reach INR 23,000 crore by 2020.
One such Playschool is Kidzee, established in 2003 who has been commemorated with the prestigious National Early Child Playschool Chain 2019 by Franchise India in Feb 2019, Most Admired Preschool Brand – by White Page International in Dec 2018 and many more.
A pioneer in ECCE (Early Childhood Care and Education), Kizdee school is a part of Zee Learn Ltd who are a leading competitor in core education along with a clear vision of improving education for children as they are driven by their vision “What’s Right for the Child” (WRFC), placing the human rights of a child at a premium. At present, there are more than 1900 centers in 750 cities which makes Kidzee one of the most profitable chains of preschool and not only that but also the largest preschool network across Asia.
Unique Selling Proposition of Kidzee
Best in class child-centric learning methodology
With the number of years that have been dedicated to more than 9,00,000 children’s education Kidzee has developed the best-in-class child-centric learning methodology called InteractiveiLLUME. This methodology is nothing but a Kidzee starter kit which consists of playing equipment, puzzles, and books, etc. Through iLLUME, Kidzee has ensured that every child will learn and develop themselves in the best possible way.
Teachers are trained effectively
Teaching kids is no joke and every parent knows that. To make things easier both the child and the kid, Kidzee hopes to bring in the strategy that is much needed to this particular educational segment i.e. “quality of delivery is critical”. Sumeet Mehta, the chief executive officer of Zee Learn Ltd talks about the issues that are faced and how these problems can be improved with systematic and structured teaching methodology, sufficiently effective and efficient hours of teacher training and child-centric teaching aids.
To ensure that the same quality is delivered throughout the centers of Kidzee, the school has come up with an approach wherein reviews are done at regular intervals in order to assess the compliance level on both academic and non-academic areas. These are the few key USP that has lead to the growth and success of Kidzee.
If you are just specifically interested in pre schools, than that’s fine. But if you are also interested in opening a school for all standards then Delhi public school is a really good option.
What are the benefits/advantages of owning Kidzee franchise in India?
- Kidzee believes in identifying what’s unique and special in every child by asking one simple question “what is right for the child?” Thereby offering three different unique programs for each child catering to their age group.
- Play Group for 1.5 to 2.5 years old
- Nursery for 2.5 to 3.5 years old
- Kindergarten for 3.5 to 5.5 years old
- They have well-established schools in over 750 cities and over 1900 centers in only a decades time making them leaders in the Early Childhood Care and Education.
- Their returns on investment have an excellent turnout which comes to 200%.
- The school uses its own developed built-in methodology called iLLUME.
- They also have a great benefit from 6 years renewable franchise agreement.
- There are no royalty fees that required to be given to the company for owning Kidzee franchise.
- Kidzee has been awarded “Franchisor of the Year” award in 2014, National Early Child Playschool Chain 2019 by Franchise India in Feb 2019, Most Admired Preschool Brand – by White Page International in Dec 2018 as well making them the market leader in Playschool franchise category.
Requirements for Kidzee Franchise
As stated on the official Kidzee website, the area requirement for setting up a Kidzee center is 2000 to 3000 Sq Ft. The owner can either own the built-up land or take it upon lease. The area should be on the ground floor with a play area and a well-built boundary wall for all the kid’s safety.
- The teachers at the school have to tend to every Child’s basic needs
- Meet with parents at regular intervals to discuss their children’s progress and needs and also recommend them ways that can prove useful in their learning and holistic development.
- They should know how to incorporate basic skills in children such as identifying the color, shape, number, and letters and to also teach them the importance of personal hygiene and proper and healthy eating habits.
Regions of operations
- The school is present in India and Nepal covering almost 750 cities and 1900+ schools working in the region. Some of the major cities in India are:
- CENTRES IN THE NORTH SIDE – Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, etc..
- CENTRES IN THE SOUTH SIDE- Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, and Karnataka.
- CENTRES IN THE EAST SIDE- Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, West Bengal, Sikkim, Odisha
- CENTRES IN THE WEST SIDE- Gujarat, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Goa
- CENTRES IN THE CENTRAL SIDE – Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Jharkhand
- CENTRES IN THE UNION TERRITORIES – Pondicherry, Chandigarh, Lakshadweep, Daman, and Diu
- CENTRES IN Nepal Kidzee school has its centers opened up in Kathmandu, Lalitpur , nd Morang district.
- Kidzee school provides 60-80 hours of training for teachers which mainly focuses on enabling all of them with a skill set which requires them to deliver the quality of the education in accordance with every child’s needs.
- The training is subdivided into 3 months of theory sessions combined with 1 month of field internship.
- Only female candidates are required with the eligibility of at least Minimum H.S.C Passed and above 18 years of Age.
- The maximum batch capacity for the teachers training is 15 per batch and 1 trainer for effective and efficient learning.
Minimum staff requirement
Approximately the minimum number of teachers required in 3 kidzee programs are 30-32 teachers. They should have a minimum H.S.C. qualification. The center should also include one principal and one vice principal, 3-4 office staff, 2-3 maids and a security guard. Overall the total staff required in a single kidzee school is approximately 40-45 people.
How much does a Kidzee Franchise Cost in India?
The total one-time investment for starting up a kidzee centre is 12 lakhs to 15 lakhs based on the built-up land acquired for the kidzee centre.
The amount includes Kidzee school’s franchise fees, advertisement fees, any help that is required in regards to legal documentation and the school’s layout plan. The amount is also inclusive of the 60 to 80 hours of teachers training as well. Buying a franchise will also provide students with books, puzzles and e-kidzee software which is all a built-in methodology created by Kidzee called iLLUME.
This one-time investment has proven an anticipated return on investment which is about 200% over the period of one year which further ensures all the business parties to continue enjoying the monetary benefits that come from taking up a franchise.
Franchise terms and conditions:
Like any other school, Kidzee centre also has a standard franchise agreement. This agreement is contracted for 6 years and can be renewed once the contract period is over.
How much profit can be incurred while buying a Kidzee franchise?
The profitability of buying a Kidzee franchise center can be explained in a very simple way which is based on the location of the center, income level of the people who get their children enrolled in the center and the current running system that will be adopted by the business development team to ensure profitability to all its business partners.
Let us hypothetically understand a general break of the profits that are made by a Centre A on a yearly basis.
The expenses that are incurred on a yearly basis are:
- Rent spent on the leased land (2000 Sq Ft area) – Rs. 8,40,000
- Salary given to 30 employees (15k/staff) – Rs. 54,00,00
- Salary given to 10 employees (5k/unskilled workers) – Rs. 6,00,000
- Other miscellaneous expenses incurred – Rs. 1,60,000
Total cost incurred yearly – Rs. 70,00,000
The revenue incurred by the center on a yearly basis per student are:
- School admission fees per student – Rs. 20,000
- School tuition fees and learning materials – Rs. 30,000
- Examination fees – Rs.2,000
- Child developmental fees – Rs.8,000
- Refundable security deposit – Rs.10,000
Total revenue incurred yearly per student- Rs.70,000
If you consider the above example, you can very well see that one child enrolling in Centre A brings in Rs.70,000 per year in total. Now if there are 3 programs in the center with 2 sections in each program and 75 students in each section, the total number of students the Centre holds is 450 students. That sums up the total revenue per year to Rs.3,15,00,000.
Therefore the total profit incurred in a year by centre A is:
Total revenue – Rs.3,15,00,000 – Total cost – Rs.70,00,000.
Total profit for the year – Rs. 2,45,00,000.
With this example, you can definitely see the consistent growth and the high rate of return on investment that you can enjoy by investing in such a huge and premier brand.
Taking up a reputed and elite Playschool franchise is a business stance that is gaining popularity among many young entrepreneurs in India. The main reason being low investment, no royalty fees and an even lesser amount of legal compliances. These smart investments in educational centres such as Kidzee do not give owners the stress of recessions or any other negative impacts. Educational sectors are one of the sectors that are least affected by any kind of economic issues.
No matter how lucid or easy the buying of educational franchise sounds, one certainly requires a good strategic market plan and a good business structure by making sure few points are thoroughly checkout while planning to buy a franchise of a play school.
- Start by figuring out if you want to start your own venture or take up a Playschool franchise.
- Always have a clear idea about the fund source I.e how much investment needs to be put into the business.
- Find out what are the necessary legal formalities that are required to start a Playschool.
- The final step is to decide the curriculum for the day school which can be formed depending upon the age group of children.
These few pointers can fulfill all the checkpoints that are required to start an ideal play-school.