Over the last few years, the e-pharmacy industry has been gaining more importance. This specific market has gained even more attention especially with the increasing use of e-prescription by hospitals and doctors.
The main reasons why there has been a significant increase in demand for purchasing medications and other healthcare services online is due to its convenience as the customers don’t have to visit a physical pharmacy store. Many medical players have started to tap into this growing industries demand and take full advantage of every opportunity.
Introduction into SastaSundar e-pharmacy
SastaSundar franchise is one such innovative digital pharmacy and healthcare which is based out of Kolkata, West Bengal. This digital pharmacy commenced its operations in 2014. The name SastaSundar is derived from well-known Hindi phrases in terms of savings and quality.
The company portal is built upon innovativeness and advanced tech-knowledge which works as a communication bridge between users and independent licensed chemists who deliver medications and healthcare services on a digital platform.
It has also started its own subsidiary called SastaSundar Healthbuddy pharmacy stores that operated in West Bengal. As on May 2018, They have opened their 200th Healthbuddy pharmacy store in West Bengal.
History of SastaSundar.com
Mr Banwari Lal Mittal – the chairman and managing director of SastaSundar.com even as a student took inspiration as his father Late Sanwar Lal Mittal always told him “Always try to stand apart from the crowd and do something different to attain success in life.”
Those words turned out to be the reason that led him to build a strong business empire called Sastasundar Ventures Ltd along with his longtime associate Ravi Kant Sharma, a director in the company. The company was launched on January 14, 2014, which is now listed on BSE and NSE and also owns the digital pharmacy portal called sastasundar.com along with its step-down subsidiary Sastasundar Healthbuddy Ltd. They have their own manufacturing unit in Baruipur, in South 24 Parganas.
In 2018, a leading Japanese healthcare company called Rohto Pharmaceutical Co Ltd. has invested 5 million dollars along with a 13% stake in Sastasundar Healthbuddy. The entrepreneur plans on expanding its stores to Delhi and other states in India aiming to make a 6,000 crore turnover by 2022.
Unique selling products of SastaSundar
The digital pharmacy portal is an integrated supply chain of pharmacy and healthcare services and wellness products which is supported by a network of physical counselling and service centres known as Healthbuddies.
The USP comprises of the following products:
- Genuine wide range of medications and over-the-counter products such as Patanjali, Himalayas, ITC, Horlicks, Protinex, Pediasure, Gillette, Dove, etc. at genuine prices with the convenience of free home delivery.
- Complete healthcare services that can be purchased by using DOCTOR APPOINTMENT facility, this options lets you book an appointment with any doctor.
- PILL ORGANIZER facility option can help you keep a track of you and your family’s medication and also remind you of the same.
- You can also purchase the above medications and healthcare and wellness services and products at a flat 15% discount by downloading the SastaSundar App available for download on Android, iOS and Windows.
- A state-of-the-art diagnostic lab called Genu Path Labs Ltd. is powered by SastaSundar which has dedicated itself to provide accurate and high- quality diagnostic services at affordable prices.
- The digital pharmacy platform also provides heal@home services like physiotherapy, nursing, trained attendants for elder care, cancer screening tests, diabetes management programs and any medical equipment that can be purchased or taken on rent, all delivered right at your doorstep.
- In order to help customers on weight loss and healthy diet plans, They have started an online diet clinic called YANA Diet Clinic. Customers can also opt for personal diet consultation with senior dieticians at the clinic.
- They has also come up with a customised natural health supplement called DNAVITA keeping in mind your health conditions, age, height, weight, your food habits & lifestyle.
- Processed under international hygiene standards and made with natural ingredients XPLOR foods a part of this company and is trying to offer a better quality of life without compromising on the taste.
- They also provides unique gifting products ranging from gourmet to superfoods for all occasions. This is also known as XPLOR Happy Box.
Benefits of owning a Sastasundar and Healthbuddy franchise
Its knowledge and digital connectivity so that high-quality medications and healthcare services are available at the reduced cost and with convenience. Therefore these benefits will help you to understand further why taking up Sastasundar digital pharmacy franchise is beneficial.
- It follows a unique business model.
- High-quality genuine medications at affordable costs.
- Other brand medications and over-the-counter products such as the Himalayas, Patanjali, Dove, ITC, Kelloggs, Gillette, Herbal products, Ayurvedic products, beauty products, organic products, etc. are also sold at sastasundar.com and Healthbuddy pharmacy stores.
- They also provide cash on delivery option and also free home delivery on all orders that are above Rs.250 net value.
- Zero risks in inventory management and no risk of theft.
- The company provides complete marketing, branding and technological support for all its franchises across the country.
- Access to complete information about medications, healthcare services, wellness products.
- The company also provides full technical support in order to manage your business operations, training in handling customers, etc.
- The responsibility of filing the application and obtaining Drug License is taken care by the Healthbuddy itself.
Requirements to buy a sastasundar franchise in your city
- The floor area requirement to set up a Healthbuddy store in your city 120 sq fts. of carpet area ( Wall to Wall), Shop or commercial space, Ground Floor preferred. 9 ft min clear Height and 6 ft minimum frontage required with outside shutter.
- The store should also contain a cold storage facility like a refrigerator of 165 Lt. capacity on the premises to keep certain drugs such as vaccinations, insulin, injections, etc. based on the label specifications.
- Table, Chair, Computer, Printer EPSON LX-310, UPS and Air Conditioner are the essentials required by the Healthbuddy store.
Skills or experience required
- The minimum qualification required to work in a sastasundar pharmacy is a diploma in pharmacy I.e B Pharm or M Pharm.
- A registered and licensed pharmacist is also mandatory to obtain a pharmacy license.
- A person who has passed S.S.L.C with 4 years of experience in dealing with drugs and other medications can also be hired.
Regions where Healthbuddy is operated
- As of 2018, there are 200+ Healthbuddy stores that are present in 22 districts of West Bengal covering around 6.5 lakh registered customers.
- It is expected for them to open another 100 stores in 2019.
- Our services are spread across Delhi, NCR regions, Gurugram, Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, Jamshedpur, Rohtak, Agra, Gautam Buddha Nagar, Moradabad, Bulandshahr, West and East Singhbhum, Bareilly, Hapur, Aligarh, Muzaffarnagar, Rampur, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Haryana.
Training required to run a Healthbuddy pharmacy
- Detailed operating manuals are handed out to the owners of the franchise to get a detailed knowledge of how the franchise works.
- In-field assistance is provided for all franchise owners by providing complete Training and Full Knowledge Support.
- Expert guidance and training from senior level management are provided on a continuous basis to the franchise stores on how to smoothly operate them.
The company will also provide the IT system that is used in all their other stores and adequate training on how to use the software is given so that the work is conducted without any hassle.
Minimum staff requirement in the store
- A cashier is needed to keep a track of the inventories and the cash flow in the store.
- Maximum 2 full-time pharmacists are required to attend to the customers.
- 1 delivery person is required to deliver medication and other products required by the customers at their doorstep.
How much Does it cost to start a Sastaasundar franchise in India?
The total investment required to start your own Healthbuddy franchise is Rs.3 Lacs. Out of which Rs.1,00,000 is given as a security deposit which can be refunded once you decide to terminate the franchise agreement without any interest. Rs.2,00,000 is used for getting drug license, trade license and medications, health service and wellness product stock.
Sastasundar.com provides a standard pharmacy franchise agreement that comes under the jurisdiction of Kolkata courts, West Bengal, India only. The franchise agreement is for a lifetime and can be terminated whenever you wish to discontinue the franchise.
To know your monthly earning there is a simple way to calculate the expenses and revenue, thereby finding out the potential a pharmacy store has to sustain in the business.
Rent gave monthly for a 120 Sq. Ft. Area – Rs.4000
Salary is given to the cashier – Rs. 20,000 per month
Salary is given to 2 pharmacists – Rs. 60,000 per month (total)
Salary is given to the delivery boy – Rs.4000 per month
Miscellaneous expenses incurred monthly – Rs.2000
Total expenses incurred/month – Rs.90,000
A number of customers that are registered on your pharmacyA website and order medicines on a monthly basis (100*3000) = Rs.3,00,000
A number of customers that purchase medicines and other over-the-counter products on a monthly basis (80*1000) = Rs.80,000
Total income received/month – Rs.3,80,000
Total profit/month = Rs.2,90,000 (3,80,000 – 90,000)
It has been successful in building a huge digital network of medicines, healthcare service options, wellness products, over-the-counter other brand products by connecting it with doctors, physicians, diagnostic services, and many more. It ensures to supply high-quality medicines and other products at affordable prices right at your doorstep making it even more convenient for all of you, free of all delivery charges as said by Mr Banwari Lal Mittal – founder & executive chairman, SastaSundar Healthbuddy Limited.
This is one of the most innovative franchises that one can get associated with, as it is considered as one of the most trusted healthcare portals in India. It is, after all, India’s most trusted online pharmacy present in Kolkata, Delhi, Noida and Gurgaon. With Rohto, a leading Japanese healthcare firm investing US$5 million in sastasundar Healthbuddy, taking up on the possibility of owning a franchise seems to be the smart move in terms of monetary value integrated with owning a prestigious and reputed brand.
So fill out your application and become a Healthbuddy franchise owner and get associated with one of the most trusted healthcare and wellness brands in India providing genuine medicines and OTC products at reduced costs with no compromise in its quality.