In today’s current situation, India is known as one of the most vibrant global economies which are backed by strong and robust banking along with insurance sectors. The financial sector in India is diversified and has been undergoing constant growth both in term of existing firms and new players entering the market.
The sector comprises of commercial banks,financial services, pension funds, non-banking financial companies and so on. The Government of India and Reserve Bank of India have taken a lot of measures to facilitate easy access to finance for various types of businesses, liberalise, enhance and regulate this country.
Sharekhan by BNP Paribas
Sharekhan franchise is the third largest retail brokerage firm in term of the customer base which was founded in 2000 by Mumbai-based entrepreneur Shripal Morakhia. The firm is a subsidiary of BNP Paribas and is one of the first brokers who offered online trading in India for its customers.
Sharekhan offers its customers a plethora of financial solutions which includes savings and investments, currency trading, portfolio management and so on. The company currently has over 1.3 million customers who are served by 153 branches and around 2400 business partners that are spread across 575 locations across the country.
The company created one of the best online trading platforms for its customers such as
- Sharekhan website – www.sharekhan.com
- Trade Tiger – Desktop trading software
- Sharekhan App – available on both iOS and Android
- Sharekhan mini – low bandwidth website for mobile users
Let us break down the history of India’s first online trading platform in key points to understand the company in a better and concise way.
- The company was founded in 2000 and has been a subsidiary of BNP Paribas (a leading bank in Europe with international reach and presence in India for 150 years with its first branch in Kolkata in 1860) since November 2016.
- Sharekhan became the first online retail broker and brought in a way of digitisation when e-trading was introduced in the stock exchange market along with demat securities coming into effect.
- The company is registered for the capital market, futures and options and currency segment under NSE and BSE and for depository services the company can be found under CDSL and NDSL.
- Sharekhan is a one-stop stockbroking firm for all your financial services starting from opening an online trading account to trading and investments.
- The company has over 153 branches and 2400 business partners working in over 575 cities across the country provided financial advice to its customer base on all investing and trading styles.
- Sharekhan also offers education and training courses for investors and traders who are associated with Online Trading Academy.
- The company has been awarded and recognised by
- UTVi and StarMine in 2009
- Zee Business and Online Trading Academy in 2011
- Information Week Edge Awards in 2011
- Bloomberg and UTV in 2012
What is Sharekhan’s USP?
With almost 19 years in the financial market and has around 1.3 million customers, there are a few USP’s which has led Sharekhan to become as one of the leading online trading companies across the country.
They are a well-known stockbroking firm
Founded in 2000, the company was the first stockbroking firm who brought online stock trading into the financial market. Sharekhan has been guiding India’s investors and traders for almost 19 years establishing a strong bond between them by offering its customers with online services right from opening an online account to trading and investing. Due to this Sharekhan has gained high credibility and has also developed a great amount of trust among its customers.
Sharekhan offers you the opportunity to become your own boss
Sharekhan offers dedicated training programs to aspiring traders who have a passion for starting their own venture. The employees can make a smooth transition from working fro Sharekhan to being their own boss by partnering with them. The company provides them will all the necessary training support and products that help them to easily set up their own business. This is one of the most outstanding features of working with Sharekhan.
What are the benefits of owning a Sharekhan Sub-broker franchise?
Before we get into the benefits of Sharekhan Sub-broker program, do you know what a Sharekhan Sub-broker franchise means?
Sharekhan sub-broker or Sharekhan Power broker franchise is known as the largest sub-broker business in India. This specific franchise is an actual Sharekhan franchise ser up and has given out more than 3500 sub-broker franchisees across India. In this particular set up the company offers all kinds of financial services to their clients and ensures the delivery of these services to each client. The parent company provides all forms of support to their sub-broker franchise program so that they are able to grow in their business.
This is a major platform where Sharekhan franchisees can run their own business and earn profits by partnering along with Sharekhan. Below mentioned are the benefits that the franchise owner or partner will receive from Sharekhan.
- The main benefit that goes without saying is Sharekhan’s brand image. The name speaks for itself as it is supported and trusted by more than 1.3 million customers across the country. So partnering with Sharekhan will automatically make things that much easier for you, as you will be attracting more customers with the brand name.
- Comprehensive and detailed research is provided to franchise partners through the company’s central research team on analysts at both basic and advanced levels. They also provide client-based research support on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis across all asset class.
- The parent company ensures that their franchise partners have the up-to-date and latest technology to ensure seamless transactions. Some of these latest technologies that the company provides to its franchise partners are automated advanced risk monitoring systems, Customer Interface Systems (CIS) and other trading platforms such as Sharekhan Trade Tiger, Sharekhan Mobile app, Sharekhan Mini and so on.
- Sharekhan also provides three levels of detailed training to their franchise partners at their nearest branch or at the head office in Mumbai. The company also offers ongoing training support along with top-notch online training partnered with Online Training Academy.
- The company also provides assistance on how to design your office premises that match with the company’s corporate identity.
What are the requirements to set up a Sharekhan Sub-broker franchise?
The minimum area required to set up a Sharekhan sub-broker or Sharekhan Power broker franchise is around 300 Sq.ft.
Skills or experience required
- The candidate must have a graduation degree preferably commerce or finance
- The candidate should be an experienced business owner
- Owners having around 1-2 years of experience as a sub-broker will work as an added benefit
- The owner must have valid sub-broker registration from either NSE or BSE.
- The owner and its employees should possess soft skills such as client handling, business and team management, crisis handling, communication skills and business prioritisation.
Regions of operation
Sharekhan has offices over 575 cities across the country and around 3500 Sub broker franchise partners. They are currently operational in cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Assam, Gujarat, Pondicherry and so on.
Comprehensive and detailed training is provided to its business partners and employees or a new candidate who wishes to be partnered with Sharekhan at their nearest branch or at the head office located in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Minimum Staff requirement
The minimum staff required in a Sharekhan sub-broker franchise is 2-3 people.
How much does it cost to start a Sharekhan Franchise in India?
An initial deposit that has to be made for a Sharekhan franchise is minimum Rs.70,000. This initial investment is entirely refundable and can be given back to the partner once they go out of the franchise agreement.
The franchise cost ranges from Rs.70,000 and goes up to Rs.2,00,000. The higher the initial investment amount the higher is the sharing of revenue. The revenue sharing goes up to 70% and starts at a minimum of 40%.
Profitability explained through a hypothetical example
Total investment required to open a stock trading office = Rs.2,00,000
Expenses incurred in a month
- Rent paid for a 200 Sq.Ft of area = Rs.25,000
- Salaries paid to 3 employees (Rs.20,000*3) = Rs.60,000
- Miscellaneous expenses = Rs.5,000
Total expenses incurred in a month = Rs.90,000
Income earned in a month
- Average number of clients that do online trading in the firm monthly = 10
- Average brokerage the firm earns per client in a month = Rs.50,000
Total income earned in a month (Rs.50,000*10) = Rs.5,00,000
Gross profit earned in a month
Gross profit earned in a month (50% of Rs.5,00,000) = Rs.2,50,000
Total profit earned in a month
Total profit earned in a month (Rs.2,50,000- Rs.90,000) = Rs.1,60,000
You can receive your entire investment back within 1-2 months of setting up your online trading firm.
With all the details given for setting up a Sharekhan sub-broker franchise, it is clear that partnering with Sharekhan is one of the biggest opportunities anyone can get in the financial services sector. The company requires two things from your end to make you a partner with them. They are
- Eligibility criteria and
- Minimum franchise cost
Once you have crossed these two criteria’s then you can grow and make profits in the business. The benefits the parent company provides gives the franchise owner an added benefit as they know that Sharekhan is only just a phone call away to provide the franchise owners with complete and dedicated support so that both the companies can grow and develop their business together.
Therefore there is not an ounce of doubt left that Sharekhan franchise is the most preferable and best franchise a person can own in the financial sector. To know more about Sharekhan and its franchise, click here.